Saturday 27 October 2012

Return to Boot Camp...

...and Step n Core :)

Hello. Hope everyone is well!

So as I mentioned on my previous post, I popped home for a few days whilst on school holidays (half term). And of course being the exercise addict I am, I just had to do some of my much loved classes!

First up was Boot Camp. Now, if you aren't familair with this class then basically the instructors are pretty strict and order you about...well at least my instructors do! :) The classes generally vary in terms of what sort of exercises are involved but this week was a classic circuit training setup. We started on a mat each which were labelled with different exercises e.g. crunches, push-ups, burpees etc.

For those of you wondering what on earth a 'burpee' is...

Yes, it is extremely tiring when repeated over and over again!

Anyway, some of the mats also had equipment such as weights for bicep curls and what not. We completed the assigned exercise for one minute before rotating round to the next mat and so on.

Once we reached half way we ran a few laps around the perimeter of the sports hall before being allowed a quick drink! Strict, but all part of the fun! We continued the different exercises eventually reducing the time per mat to 30 seconds each, eventually finishing with a cool down and stretches.

Next up was Step n Core....basically a fancy name for step aerobics with a quick abdominal floor workout ;) I don't have much more to say about this class really, pretty self explanatory so I won't bore you with the details!

I was worried that my fitness may have slipped since dropping down my exercise to every other day rather than everyday, like in the holidays. But generally I didn't find it a major challenge so all was good...

UNTIL....the next morning. I woke up and felt I'd aged by 30 years. Stiff as a board comes to mind! OUCH! It's ok, it'll be fine tomorrow...right?

WRONG! Oh my goodness...this morning I could barely move, get up or sit down! Not ideal haha but the signs of a GREAT workout. Goes to show that perhaps classes work you harder than an average gym session? Or maybe just work different areas? Hmmm...

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment