Sunday 9 December 2012

A 'beauty-full' christmas gift guide :)

So it's not long to go until Santa comes down our chimneys, eats our mince pies and drinks up our milk! :) But if you're anything like me then you'll have left all of your Christmas shopping to the last minute! Well...don't worry cause I'm here to help you out!

As you can guess from the title, this gift guide is going to have beauty written all over it! I've picked out 9 things that I believe would put a smile on any beauty lover's face, if they came across any of them under their tree on Christmas day. 

I've tried to ensure that there's a range of different things along with covering different price tags so everyone can either afford something on the list or keep to their agreed present budgets.
I'll list the items in ascending price order :)


1. Golden Wonder Bath Ballistic - Lush- £3.25
I think one of these would make a lovely little gift. Not only is it gift-shaped, but it smells delicious and makes bath times much more exciting. As the picture suggests it has a fruity clementine scent and the outside is covered in finely milled glitter. However, the inside of the bath bomb is where the magic happens...I won't spoil the surprise but let's just say lots of colours, crackling and stars! :)


2. Bubblebeard Bubble Bar- Lush- £4.95
Can I just say how cute are these?! Yes, another Lush product but this time to make BUBBLES! These have a nice neutral scent with cedarwood, sandalwood and tonka and the fact they are in mustache form is novel indeed! Who wouldn't enjoy swishing them around their bath tub?! 

3. Balmi SPF 15 Coconut Lip Balm- Boots- £4.99
This cute little ball of balm is a lovely little stocking filler! Not a fan of coconut? Don't worry, they also come  in raspberry, strawberry and mint flavours too...yum!

4. Soap & Glory's Hand Food 125ml- Boots- £5  
Love this stuff! Not only does it ooze the classic Soap & Glory scent but it literally gives your hands the royal treatment. Never will you need have sore, dry hands again with this as a moisturizer. And the name is brilliant imo! There is also a mini version of this (50ml) for £2.50


5. L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick- Boots- £8.19
My current favourite lipstick! Love these, especially the shade Dating Coral! The formulation of this lipstick is amazing...it literally glides on your lips and leaves them feeling ultra soft and nourished. I'm hoping Santa leaves me one of these under my tree!

6. OPI The Bondettes Skyfall Mini Nail Lacquer Collection- John Lewis- £12.95
I like the Skyfall theme along with the fact that they are minis. Not many girls get through full bottles of nail polish before they get icky, so these are the perfect size! OPI always make quality varnishes and I think the 4 shades are perfect for the winter months. 

7. Paper Plane Wash Bag by Disaster Designs- Amazon- £19.95
I received this wash bag last Christmas and thought it was adorable. The cute parcel design is a great idea! Not only does it look good but it is very durable and the material is very good quality. Mine still looks new even though I use it all the time.


8. Lady Gaga: Fame- The Perfume Shop- £24.50-£54.50 (varying ml)
Being a huge Gaga fan I was excited when I heard she had released a perfume. I'm quite fussy with scents and have only recently been able to start wearing fragrances (migraine issues) so I wasn't really expecting to like it. Surprisingly though, I love it! I'd say it is a fairly sweet smelling scent with a light hint of floral and possibly even a fruity essence in there? It's quite hard to describe so I'd say check it out in store. Strangely the fluid is black in colour but becomes clear when sprayed...


9. Urban Decay: Naked Eyeshadow Palette- Debenhams- £36 (£30.60)
I certainly couldn't do a beauty gift guide without including this little gem. I know a lot rave about it but it's because it really is a great eyeshadow collection! I use mine almost every time I do eyeshadow (the naked palette 2 also gets used) and I think it would make a great gift if you're willing to overlook the price tag! However, currently Debenhams are having a 15% off beauty sale (9/12/12) so it's a little more affordable...go grab it quick!


So, there we have it...all 9 equally desirable gifts!...Hope this has helped.

Happy shopping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment