Friday 4 January 2013

GLAD HAIR DAY

Hello :)

Soap & Glory's GLAD HAIR DAY Intensive Conditioner. So what do I have to say about this guy?

I picked him up, not too sure why it's a male? but hey ho, at my local Boots in December. Of late, I'm always on the look out for products that will help tackle my seemingly dry damaged hair. Thank you holiday abroad!

Now I have to admit I did possibly pick up the wrong version of this as it does clearly state on the back, "Finer haired girls should opt for our GLAD HAIR DAY for fine to normal hair types". This particular intensive conditioner is targeted at thicker fuller hair types. Is this me?... I WISH! I have a lot of hair but it is all quite fine...However the front of this product does say "FOR FULL, FRIZZY OR FRIED HAIR" so I can at least relate to the later option!...Anyway, being quite new to the Soap & Glory line I guess I wasn't to know it came in two types! So, as I bought this one I figured I'd use it regardless and see how it goes.

As you can see the formula is very thick and as the caption suggests...a little bit really does go a long way! The tube suggests to apply a "walnut-sized dollop", but me being me I tend not to read instructions.

When I first used the product I applied WAYYY too much! I'm usually a bit OTT with applying conditioners to the ends of my hair. I never put them anywhere near my roots as I'm am prone to greasy hair. So I basically soaked the ends in the product after rinsing off my shampoo. My hair felt soft and nourished and I rinsed the product off with clean water.

The result...

Although my hair, once dry, didn't look greasy it sure felt it! The ends sort of oozed moisture so that when I rubbed my fingers through, it deposited a kind of oily product. As you can imagine it wasn't the nicest experience...and if you're anything like me, GOSH I HATE anything sticky on my hands!

However, determined not to have wasted my money, I've since been testing the product on days when perhaps I don't need my hair to be anything special. I've found that applying the tiniest amount, not much more than in the photo, works pretty well for me in helping nourish my hair whilst not leaving too much of a nasty residue behind once dried. It's still there slightly but...

I must say that the product has a gorgeous fruity scent. It doesn't resemble the standard Soap & Glory fragrance e.g. like the classic Hand Food, but has a much more peachy smell about it. Big thumbs up for this!

Would I re-purchase? Probably not, but I will continue to use this...for possibly the longest time EVER, given how little I use in one wash! In fact that has to be a great point about this conditioner...you will get your money's worth about 10 times over!

I'm curious to know whether thicker-haired people still get the same results?! So if you've used this product I'd love to hear some feedback on how you got on with it?! Comment here or tweet me @ellie1989

Overall, I think it smells great, it helps nourish my damaged hair and it is incredibly long-lasting and good for your old bank balance. A little disappointed by the slight sticky left-over feel it leaves behind though.


No comments:

Post a Comment