Friday 1 February 2013

January Favourites 2013

Hello! Erm, where did January go?!


So I've been liking quite a lot over the past month, but I've decided to cut down my favourite list and I've chosen just 5 things to blog about. However, if you do want to see my full list of favourites, I did Youtube them so you can have a watch here...

Click me :)
But if you'd prefer a refined version carry on reading!

Chanel Perfection Lumiere (£36- Debenhams)
Sigma Round Top Kabuki F82 ($18 approx. £11.45 @ sigmabeauty.com)
Being a girl who suffers with acne and oily skin, it's all about the face makeup for me. Foundation in particular. I was quite reluctant to pay Chanel's price tag at first, but after my birthday in December I decided to treat myself to the Perfection Lumiere. I was matched up at a Chanel counter as shade 32 Beige Rose and I found the whole service really nice and friendly...not fake like the 'counter ladies' sometimes are.

I first applied the product with my fingers, my then method at the time, however I didn't feel it was giving the best finish for this particular foundation. I decided to give my Sigma F82 brush a go, which I'd previously only used with mineral make-up. I also wet the brush a little, so that it was damp, to help prevent product 'soak-up!' 

I immediately loved the results!...The foundation provides great coverage but has a very light-weight feel to it. It does have a certain fragrance about it, which to be honest I wasn't mad on at first but it didn't bother me too much and now I don't even notice it. It's great for keeping shine at bay, so for all you fellow oily gals out there then I'd say give this one a try! 

I adore my Sigma brush. It's super soft and imo does a fantastic job of applying the Chanel foundation. Definitely the most airbrushed finish I've ever experienced. I want more Sigma brushes! :)

Maxfactor's Clump Defy Mascara (Boots: £10.99)
Soap & Glory's Heel Genius (Boots: £5.50)
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain (Romantic 045- Boots: £7.99)
I've been a fan of Maxfactor mascaras in what seems like forever, so when the Clump Defy came out I just had to try it! I did a full review here, but basically it does as it says on the tube...clumping is a thing of the past! The application is made easy by the curved brush head and I like how it separates my lashes. Good stuff :)

Being a bit of a fitness freak, yes, if you didn't know, I am a rather big fan of that thing called exercise, my feet get a lot of hammer. Consequently it causes rather gross effects such as itchy, dry, cracked heels. Yeah, I did say gross. Anyway...Heel Genius appeared to be just what I was looking for. Indeed it softens the skin, baby soft style, and gives a rather tingling, cooling feeling so indeed helps with the itching! I really like this product in conjunction with my Pedipro device (buffs off dead skin...nice!) Oh and the formula is blue/green and smells nice!

Last but not least, the good old Revlon balms. These have been seriously popular with other vloggers/bloggers and I couldn't restrain from buying one for any longer. It didn't disappoint! I love the texture of these lip balms. They are seriously nourishing on the lips and can be applied neatly thanks to the lip-penciled design. The thing I found most surprising about these were their colour pay-off. The colour is seriously build-able and in the shade Romantic 045 you can get a pretty decent red lip out of it! The scent to these is pleasant with a hint of mint and I definitely want more of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment