Saturday 4 May 2013

L'Oreal Paris GlamShine Stain Splash

Hello!

I've never been the kind of girl to keep a gloss in my bag at all times. In fact I've never really enjoyed wearing lip gloss. I dislike sticky glosses and it usually results in my long hair being stuck to my lips! Nice!

So, over the last couple of years I've avoided glosses like the plague and gone for lipsticks. And although you can get a pretty decent shine from nourishing lipsticks these days...I never find them to quite give the same effect as a gloss.

When the YSL Glossy Stains came out and received major HYPE I really wanted to try one. But with the rather expensive price tag I couldn't quite commit to buying one, especially as I was unsure as to whether I'd get on with it (with it being a gloss and all).

Sooo when L'Oreal brought out a similar concept I was quite excited. At £7.99 it certainly won't break the bank and I figured if I didn't like it I'd give it away or something.

This gloss is certainly a KEEPER! I absolutely can't get enough of it! It's texture is pretty thin and so I usually apply a few coats for good measure. It goes on like a dream, very smooth, and it tastes/smells delicious with a nice fruity essence!

I have the shade Romy which is a rather pale pink. It goes on quite sheer but once it settles on your lips the colour begins to come out a little more, giving your lips a nice subtle glossy pink finish.

It is definitely not 'sticky' but like a sticky gloss it has really good staying power! I've applied it 2 hours previous to going to the gym before and after my workout I've noticed that the hint of pink is still there!

I'm really impressed and I'm certainly looking to purchase more of these beauties...maybe in a darker shade next time! :)

Thanks to this gloss I have now got rid of my little lip gloss phobia and may just have to invest in a YSL one :)

2 comments:

  1. It's the stickiness of lip glosses that puts me off. This is a really lovely shade on you.

    Sally x
    Rainydayfaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you :) I so need more in my life hehe! I wore it out clubbing last night...love it! x

    ReplyDelete